Ron is a senior information technology consultant with 33+ years of experience working in public Social Services and Health sectors. His career began as an IT consultant with the Province of Nova Scotia before working nationally for a Canadian federal agency. Based out of Bedford, he now works in the field of digital health and electronic health records for clients in the U.S., the Middle East, Southern Africa, and with two UN agencies: The World Health Organization, and the International Telecommunications Union.
Ron entered political life recently when he joined the Nova Scotia Green Party as a member in March of 2019. He was the Bedford-Basin Regional representative to the GPNS Executive Council until May of 2021. He was also the GPNS candidate for Northside-Westmount in the 2019 Provincial by-election and has been an active supporter of Green Party candidates in other by-elections.
His political values are centered on:
- Recognizing that ecology and economy are the two faces of the same ecosystem “coin” that human society relies upon;
- Ensuring everyone has a livable income to allow them to contribute to the vitality and sustainability of their communities;
- Reducing the burden on our health care system by addressing the social determinants of health and maintaining the good health of our most underserved populations, particularly: the working poor, seniors, and indigenous communities;
- Addressing the sustainability, local availability, and quality of our food supply;
- Energy policy and programs that move us aggressively away from relying primarily on petro-carbons to a spectrum of ecologically sound and economically sustainable energy sources;
- Abandoning the trend of decision-based evidence-making in government, and instead implementing policy and programs that are evidence and outcome-based.
Ron has the equivalent of a bachelor’s degree and a Diploma in Business Computer Programming from the Nova Scotia Community College (then the Nova Scotia Institute of Technology). He also benefited from 13+ years of continuing education within a world-class IT consulting organization.
In his personal life Ron loves photography, cycling, canoeing, sailing, and piloting small aircraft.
The Green Party of Nova Scotia is excited to have Ron G. Parker as our candidate in the riding of Bedford South. Contact him at email@example.com. If you would like to support his campaign by volunteering, donating, hosting a lawn sign, or attending events, contact Ron’s campaign team at firstname.lastname@example.org.