We strive for a democracy in which all citizens have the right to express their views, and are able to directly participate in the environmental, economic, social and political decisions which affect their lives; so that power and responsibility are concentrated in local and regional communities, and devolved only where essential to higher tiers of governance.
- individual empowerment through access to all the relevant information required for any decision, and access to education to enable all to participate
- breaking down inequalities of wealth and power that inhibit participation
- building grassroots institutions that enable decisions to be made directly at the appropriate level by those affected, based on systems which encourage civic vitality, voluntary action, and community responsibility
- strong support for giving young people a voice through educating, encouraging and assisting youth involvement in every aspect of political life including their participation in all decision making bodies
- that all elected representatives are committed to the principles of transparency, truthfulness, and accountability in governance.
- that all electoral systems are transparent and democratic, and that this is enforced by law
- that in all electoral systems, each adult has an equal vote
- that all electoral systems are based on proportional representation, and all elections are publicly funded with strict limits on, and full transparency of, corporate and private donations
- that all citizens have the right to be a member of the political party of their choice within a multi-party system