Bruce W. McCulloch is keen to participate in the upcoming by-election, in order to allow voters who share the principles of the Green Party a chance to have their voices heard in the Nova Scotia Legislature.
While growing up in Ontario, Bruce spent his childhood summers in his mother’s hometown of Lunenburg. With that experience of small town living, Bruce chose to raise his children in Parrsboro so they too could enjoy the community values, and the chance to grow up in an extended family. In Parrsboro, Bruce came to admire the hard work and ingenuity of the people of Cumberland South.
Prior to his marriage, Bruce had the opportunity to live and work in Europe and the Middle East. He brings a respect for different cultures and viewpoints, and yet retains a strong pride in our Canadian identity.
Bruce is a professional engineer, with a number of courses in Energy Management such as his LEED Green Associate certification. He also has an MBA, and a diverse work background, including 3 years on oil rigs with one of the world’s largest multinationals, 10 years with small fabricating companies and 19 years with IMP Aerospace, a Nova Scotia success story. He currently consults with business on facility efficiency, equipment maintenance and developing idle-free driving practices.
Over the years, Bruce has been involved in numerous organizations, including the following:
- Director, Ship’s Company Theatre (18 years) – served terms as Chair and Treasurer
- Volunteer, Ottawa House
- Director on the University of Waterloo Engineering Alumni Board
- President of a Toastmasters Club
- Chair, Property Committee, Bedford United Church
- Baritone in Nova Voce, Nova Scotia’s men’s choir
- Big Brother to a boy without a father
- Member SEA – Strategic Environmental Assessment of Bay of Fundy, Dept. Energy, NS
- Director/Treasurer, Maritime Tidal Energy Corp., consultants facilitating tidal energy development in the Bay of Fundy
In 2015 Bruce was recognized with a Lieutenant Governor’s Award for “Excellence in Engineering” as a team leader.